Travel Tanzania aspires to offer the highest quality climbs, staffed by some of the best-trained and most motivated mountain professionals in the industry.
Through our local network of chefs, porters and guides, we attain to the highest standards of safety and comfort during your climb.
With knowledge gained from our experience, we have customized the best routes for our clients; the Unique Rongai and the Unique Lemosho. These routes are designed to offer the best acclimatization for climbers, with the least amount of crowds. This affords us a high success rate of climbers reaching the summit.
Unique 7 Day RONGAI
Unique 7 Day LEMOSHO
Unique 8 Day LEMOSHO
7 Day LEMOSHO
7 Day Machame
6 Days Summit Kilimanjaro and
5 Days Serengeti
What to Expect
- Travel Tanzania will collect guests from the airport. There will be a pre-climb briefing with the Chief Guide at 6pm the day before the climb.
- Your Chief guide will collect you from hotel the morning of registration and take you to the mountain for registration and to start your climb.
- Your climb will be led by your Chief Guide, along with an assistant guide, cook, and porter to carry your gear, with you throughout your climb.
- Each night, at end of that day’s climb, the camp will be set up for your arrival, and the cook will prepare your evening meal.
- Your Chief Guide is there to chat with you about the days climb, to answer questions and to prepare you for the next day’s climb.
- Hot water is bought to you tent every evening to wash.
- In the mornings, your porter will wake you, with a choice of tea or coffee to start your day. Breakfast will be prepared.
- As you start your climb each day, your porter will pack your tent and carry your gear ahead to the next base camp to set-up for your arrival.
- The final summit climb starts at midnight, and you will reach summit around sunrise to watch the sun rise over Africa.
- We are in constant contact with our guides, who send us regular updates and photos. If you have family who you’d like to keep informed, we will happily send them updates on your climb on your behalf
We advise to allow 12 days for the climb. Ascent to the summit generally takes 7 or 8 days, plus a night in Arusha either side of the climb days. Decent normally takes only 2 days.
You can opt for a private climb, or open the group to others, to experience this with other like-minded adventurers. This does not affect the price.
Included in the price
- Transfers to and from Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Two nights stay in a hotel on B&B basis (usually one before the trek and one after)
- Transfers to and from the mountain
- All park fees, camping fees, rescue fees and permits while on the mountain
- All camping equipment
- All food and drink on the mountain
- Wages of trek crew (guide/assistant guides, cooks and porters) at KPAP rates
- Financial failure protection so your money is safe!
- Personal advice and service every step of the way leading up to your trek and any assistance needed while you are in Arusha and on Kilimanjaro.
Excluded in the price
- Flights (we can advise you on which flights go to and from Kilimanjaro)
- Hire of clothing
- Food and drink away from the mountain (except for those meals that are part of your B&B booking at your hotel)
- Tips/gratuities for your mountain crew
- Side trips/extensions in addition to your trek, such as excursions or safaris to the Serengeti, Ngorongoro or Zanzibar etc.